My daily gratitude for:
- 8 hours of sleep last night. So so good.
- Jon Burdett, whose friendship has been consistent and life giving to me. Happy birthday good friend!
- My colleague, Jessica Shannon. She is gifted with play and reflection with kids, and I have much to learn from her. She is truly a good gift to the Texas Children’s system of chaplains.
- The hospitality and kindness of Oksana and Nabil for hosting us in Austin and sharing great conversation.
- Paulette Hoftsetter. Y’all, she is awesome and so energetic and full of mama bear love. She is an awesome nurse!
- MLK’s words and challenges for justice. I feel greatly challenged, humbled, and appropriately called out for my lack of action at times, my slowness to my neighbors side, and my own prejudices and blind spots. I’m grateful for prophets.
- A good cry.