My daily gratitude for:
- Lighting the Advent candles in church with Ryan. What a memory for me to share! Ryan actually participated a lot yesterday, including shaking people’s hands to pass the peace (and saying peace be with you!), helping collect offering, and participating in communion. But lighting with him was a true joy.
- Liz’s ability to figure out scheduling and possibilities. Our family is blessed by her skill.
- Samantha Parker. Her giftedness as a mother is remarkable, and her loyalty, perceptiveness, and empathy make her friendship awesome. Happy birthday Samantha!
- The Palliative Care team at TCH. I stand amazed and humbled by what they reflect as a team and how their compassion and effectiveness blesses others. Their work for the Candlelighting last night again was a gift.
- Being Pepperdine Alumni, and sharing their wonderful Holiday gathering yesterday. The food was amazing! The people awesome!
- Jeff Christian’s voice as a minister at Bering, and his ability to include and engage all around him in simple yet meaningful ways.
- Finding the right places for Christmas decor in the house.