My daily gratitude for:
- My Fathers Day weekend, which was full of good things that reminded me of why I wanted this journey in the first place. It included 3 completely full days of being focused on Ryan and quality time together. Loved it!
- Liz arriving home safely last night and being home. She had delay upon delay and finally got home very late. But we are glad she’s home!!
- Ryan’s expression of fear of the storm and then his expression of trust that as his daddy I would protect him from it. The lightning and thunder scared him, and the feeling that I could calm him in the face of it feels priceless.
- Caleb and Brandy McDaniel, and specifically their hospitality and flexibility with me to share their house with me as I started life in Houston back in 2012. I am grateful for them for many reasons but today I remember how their kindness enabled me to grow into my independent life post college. And they were good landlords but better friends.
- Celebrating all the fathers out there, and being inspired as a father by the fun pictures, sweet words, and amazing stories that I heard in person or I saw over Facebook or IG. It’s special to share the title of father with all of them.
- The Enneagramandcoffee account on Instagram. It fits me as a 9!
- The quietness of our home every morning before the sun begins it’s work.