My daily gratitude for:
- Ryans yell of “Daddy” when he sees me after school or after church class. It melts my heart in love for him.
- Leland and Scott Bowers, two friends from high school that meant a lot in my life and drew me out of my shell. They taught me courage and humor at its best.
- Jessica and Alex Vaughn, for many reasons, but particularly for the depth of love and courage to be ready to adopt a child. They love God so much, love others, and love church. That love speaks into their desire to adopt.
- DeAndre Gibbs. I have had the joy to watch him grow up, learn to be a young man, and mature in faith and life. And I had the honor to pray over him for a graduation blessing! (Pictured is both DeAndre and Keyshon’s family)
- The Holy Spirit, and the way it speaks through still small voices, nature’s grand gestures, Scripture, my imagination and heart, and the wisdom and voice of others. The spirit is a gift and it is all around.
- A house that feels like home.
- The sun shining off the water at the beach. The shimmer is fascinating and beautiful.
- Having a quiet washer and dryer.
- Learning to play better soccer. And getting to run, play, defend, pass, shoot, and just have fun with a bunch of people. I love this every Sunday!