My daily gratitude for:
- Nurses all over, but nurses in the PICU. Today and all week and all year I celebrate them. But today, I celebrate their protectiveness and fiery passion to heal.
- My morning playtime with Ryan. We have had a great week with his willingness to turn off the TV, play, and go to school. I love my time with my boy, and missed it last week.
- Seeing all the grateful and celebrating families at the TCH Trauma Survivors Day this past Saturday.
- My beloved mothers at SWC who strengthen and support me like my mother does. K Pipes, Beverly Thetford, Barbara Rice, Sherry Lucas, Jo Sandifer, Shirley McCollum, Laure Tucker, and others.
- All the colorful murals and photos and art around the hospital at TCH. They add such love and warmth to this place!
- My breath, which calms me and centers me when I feel anxiety or worry.
- The chance to be a friend, and show up for someone else.
- The grief I feel this week. My grief reflects the places of joy and delight I have. And I have great joy in the PICU and the family of S and J. Because of that joy, it is hard to grieve.