My daily gratitude for:
- Gathering with Pepperdine alumni and remembering SoCal, school, Malibu, and study abroad! I really love the alumni gatherings, small or large!
- Watching Ryan play in the sandbox last evening. So relaxing and such quality time with him!
- Erin Krasowski. She is just plain wonderful in that she is so broadly skilled as a chaplain, fully giving to the moment she is in and the person she is with, genuine, humorous, and courageous in dark places. It has been a blessing to serve on PCN with her and have her as a friend.
- Slowing myself when anxiety comes. This is a skill I often practice at the hospital but one that for years has been something I’ve used for many of life’s issues. The slowing of mind and breathing is a gift of trust which is not easy but sustaining.
- Reba’s last chemo today. It has been hard at times for her but she has done well overall. Hoping for continued health for her!
- The blessing of connecting with lots of pediatric chaplains across the country because of serving as PCN Secretary. Last night I got to connect with some chaplains in California and Missouri…cool.