My daily gratitude for:
- Being home around family after a long week.
- Hearing Ryan’s invitation to play with him over and over, “Come on, daddy”
- Seeing the glorious sun rising over Houston this morning!
- The relief brought by colleague chaplains at TCH yesterday that allowed me to go home. Their navigation of waterlogged streets and leaving their families to help me is so appreciated. Thank you Pam and Naguib!
- The PICU nurses I served with who serve with humor and perspective in crisis. I love getting to be a part of them.
- My father in law and his wife Ibi and the love and welcome they provide my family, especially as they rode out Harvey and needed a place real close for play.
- Living in Houston. It’s a great place that I call home, even with all this flooding chaos!