My Thanksgiving morning gratitude for:
- Spiral bone in honey hams, mashed potatoes, green beans, stuffing and cranberry sauce. Delicious! (I’m actually impartial to turkey but love the ham!!!)
- Homemade pumpkin pies. I love it when I get to make them. Seriously, baking a wonderfully smelling and creamy pumpkin pie is a phenomenal and awesome task that I wish I did more often, but I am grateful when I get to do it and grateful any time I get to eat pumpkin pie.
- Interfaith Ministries of Houston, who serve meals across the city (on this day and others too through Meals on Wheels) and serve the poor of the city every Thanksgiving. It is a gift to serve others who don’t get to enjoy the things I shared above, because it is their that a reflection of Gods heart is seen and invited to the world. This morning I am unable to serve since my little one is sick but I look forward to serving again on Thanksgiving and Christmas too. In fact, I am grateful for all the organizations, churches/places of worship, and families who open their doors to show faithful hospitality to all of Gods people.
- Chris Moore, who I call Click and who I believe is more faithful and open to God than he realizes. I always hope he knows how much he is loved and cared for.
- My SoCal family who surrounded me when I was a kid at the holidays and who I miss at these holidays when I and my family are 1500 miles away. Mike and Linda with Chris, Amanda and Kevin, Fred and Shelley with Brittany and DJ, Roger and Vickie with JV and Ryan and Rhea, Josh and Jacqui with Will and Elijah, and of course my Mom and Dad. I love you all!!!